Monday, September 1, 2008

minefield

So, Gopala, Vrinda and I are continuing our sojourn in this world. Towards the end of June, we came to California to visit my sister's. I have a couple of sisters who live in the Bay area, south of San Francisco. They both have sons about Gopala's age. We have been staying with my sister Meena and her family. It has been really good for the kids and I to be here.
While we have been here we went to the Ratha Yatras in San Francisco and LA and met with many of the local devotees including expat NV devotees, Bhim and Jen, Indra and KD.
While things have been going on, life has been progressing in a sort of vacuum from my (our) loss. My internal state is like a minefield - from afar things look fine, but at any moment I can step on something that triggers intense feelings of separation and pain.
There is a really nice congregation of devotees here in San Jose; a wonderful community of very sincere vaishnavas headed by Vaisesika das, a senior Prabhupada disciple who is quite an inspiration. Gauranga Kishore (another NV expat) lives at the temple in San Jose and it has been really wonderful to have his association. Also, Ananta Govinda (another NVite) lives in the area with his wife.
The only thing that I can think of in relation to my loss is that we need to treasure our time with each other in this ephemeral world - learn to live and care for each other and try to make some significant progress in our internal journey home.

No comments: