Friday, October 12, 2007

that queasy feeling

I still have this queasy feeling that things may not be right....well obviously they are not considering that Gopi's in the hospital etc, but after all these weeks of treatment and the docs saying that she has responded positively etc there is still the unresolved issue of her liver.
The biopsy that was done was inconclusive and inadequate and we decided to wait on doing another one. So, though Gopi has responded to her treatment of the cervix area, we are still in the dark about the condition of her liver. As far as treatment goes, allopathically atleast, there is only more intense chemotherapy (if her suspected condition is confirmed). For the last day Gopi has been complaining of pains in her abdominal area and I keep wondering if it is her liver or just the residual of all the radiation that she has received........
One positive though is that her appetite is gradually improving. she seems to be eating more every day. During the first five weeks of treatment I had to literally coax her to eat, now I don't.
She also has been walking down the hall and getting some exercise, but she has pretty restless nights...

Shanti

2 comments:

Madhava Gosh said...

The liver per se doesn't have any nerves in it. The sheath around it does, but pain related to the liver is usually perceived as referred pain in the right shoulder area.

I am not a doctor, but I doubt that pain in the abdomen is related to the liver.

Keep on keeping on.

Hari said...

Thanks Gosh

I guess I'm just wondering about everthing that's going on.