Wednesday, September 5, 2007

the treatment continues

My last couple of attempts to add to the updates were sabotaged by crashing connections. So, I will try again.

Gopi has been doing a bit better. But, in a relative world full of relative situations, this is just a relative condition. Last week it was constipation this week it’s the opposite….

At least her fever seems to have been down for the last couple of days, but last night it sneaked its peeky little head again. When Gopi and I got together she was a bit well rounded, years of marriage to me seemed to have made her lose quite some weight and then this illness has had another toll on her….

They sent Gopi for an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging ) yesterday. However, for an MRI to be accurate, one has to be stationary for an hour or so in a not so comfortable position. So, Gopi couldn’t do it because she was not comfortable. They will do a CT scan today. Essentially, these are on our request (not what the docs require) so that we can have an objective idea of what the situation is and then compare it with post treatment. Apparently, at least for this kind of cancer, MRI’s and CT scans are not required. The docs require on clinical diagnosis, which really means manual or digital (finger and not the computer kind) diagnosis to determine the extent and spread of the disease.

Gopala returned to our fold yesterday after spending about 5 days with Tejiyas and Toshan. When I went to get him he was all cuddly with me running his hands through my hair and touching my cheeks. It seems like her missed us.

No comments: